Aaharam Special Filter Coffee
(Read In full and post your comment. Hope those who have a long pending query on our Aaharam Special Filter Coffee, would now go for purchase without any second thoughts.)
Speciality of Filter Coffee from the house of Aaharam. What chicory is? You might've had to wonder just exactly what chicory even is. For the record, chicory is this pretty flowering plant. Chicory is made of the roots of the cultivated plant Cichorium Intybus Sativum, by roasting and grinding them.
Why it is in your Coffee ?
Humanity has used chicory since the antiquity, both as a food and as a medicine. Chicory is thought to be a tonic, an anti-parasitic, and because of the high content of inulin, a prebiotic soluble carbohydrate, can help with weight loss, intestinal health, and selectively encourages probiotic microorganisms to develop. A lot of the inulin is in fact lost during processing, and this is good, because too much inulin could cause serious abdominal discomfort. During roasting, inulin transforms into sugar, and the roasted chicory loses the bitter taste. Chicory is considered as mellowing down the effects of coffee, and taking the edge off of caffeine. This is why they work great blended.
1. Coffee contains caffeine, while chicory is caffeine free; as a result chicory has a calming effect, while coffee acts as a stimulant.
2. Chicory does not contain any of the volatile oils that are present in coffee, hence a different flavor profile. But coffee Does not contain Inulin.
3. Coffee is associated with reduced absorption of calcium, while chicory, because of its high content of inulin increases the absorption.
4. Coffee contains 0 calories per 100 grams, while chicory has 23. 100 grams of chicory contains 12% of the daily value of Potassium, 3% protein, 114% Vitamin A, 40% Vitamin C, 10% Calcium, 5% Vitamin B6, and 7% Magnesium. Coffee contains 0% of those.
5. Chicory can contain up to 16% dietary fiber, depending on how it is prepared, coffee contains none.
6. Our Aaharam special filter coffee containes this roasted chicory which is slowly roasted at 200 degree Fahrenheit, for about 7 hours along with the best Coffee seeds. This way you preserve more inulin, and you obtain a wonderful taste.
IMPORTANT : Newer research shows that chicory lowers blood sugar, and decreases the LDL cholesterol, (the bad one), while maintaining the levels of HDL.
Please keep a Printed Copy of this Detailed description of our Coffee and pass on to those who make queries on the same....