Kitchen Tips # 26
Today 22/12/2016, I have compiled some of the best cooking tips from my known friends and family and presented here. Of course many would have followed their own style of cooking, these tips would sure help you in your Perfect & Talented cooking..
1. To have a perfect aroma and perfect taste of Tea (which ever brand you use)... always simmer the flame afer adding the Tea powder / Tea leaves in the boiling water. Never let it boil in full temperature. Switch off the gas and wait for a minute and filter the decoction.
2. Sometimes, we get new rice, which when cooked in pressure cooker becomes mushy. To get a non-sticky cooked rice, add 1 tsp of cooking oil in the rice and pressure cook. You will get a perfect cooked rice. (In a previous tip I have suggested for lemon juice, hope you remember that)
3. Always wash the Rice used for Pulav / Biryani 2 or 3 times. Allow to soak for atleast 20 to 30 mins, then spread on a plate for 5 minutes and then use for the recipe... you will get a perfect Pulav / Biryani.
4. Try to purchase Tur-dhal which is not shiny, else your cooking time, energy, money all are lost. Get Tur-dhal which is Small and Flat.
5. Many times, we find left over rice during night time. If you want to heat if and re-use, sprinkle some water over the rice and simmer in pressure cooker for 5 to 7 minutes. Rice will turn fresh and soft as a newly cooked rice.
6. To preserve the Nutrients of the vegetables, always try to steam cook the vegetables to be used in the cuisine.
7. Also cooking the vegetable in High flame for brief time will seal the nutirents and also save the fuel.
Will be continued....!!!!