Cooking Tips # 12 (20/03/2015)
1. To prevent coconut oil from freezing in winters, add a little castor oil to it.
2. Store ginger under the soil to keep it fresh and take it out when
3. To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the
4. To get more juice out of fresh lemons, bring them to room temperature and roll them under your palm against the kitchen counter before squeezing.
5. Potatoes will remove food stains off your fingers. Just slice and rub raw potato on the stain and rinse with water.
6. To avoid tears in the eyes while chopping onions, soak them in cold water with their skins on for some time before cutting them.
7. If you have a problem opening jars: Try using latex dish washing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
8. If you accidentally over-salted a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato -it absorbs the excess salt.
9. Used coffee powder and tea leaves are good for cleaning greasy vessels.
10. While cleaning vessels for better results, add a handful of common salt to the cleaning powder.
11. To easily remove burnt-on food from your frying pan, simply add a drop or two of dish soap and enough water to cover the bottom of the pan, and bring to a boil on the stove-top. Frying pan will be much easier to clean.
12. Do not throw away the skin of cardamoms. Mix it with tea leaves to get a cardamom flavour in your tea.