1. While sauting onion and tomato for chutney, saute in Iron kadai. Iron contents would increase and would give perfect aroma to chutney
2. While making rasam, add coriander leafs after removing from the stove and close it for 3-5 mins with a lid
3. To add natural colour to Halwa, just take 2 or 3 spoons of ghee in a kadai, add 2 or 3 tsp of sugar when melted and stir it for 3 - 4 mins... When the colour of the sugar changes, add this to the halwa, so that natural colour of halwa is maintained (as iruttu kadai halwa)
4. Are your fond of Fried rice ? Fried Noodles.. Use iron kadai, which is thin and your make full flame of the stove.... it gives smoky taste while sauting in high flame.
5. Need a perfect taste for Sambar. At last saute some Asafoetida / Perungayam in 2 tsp of oil along with 2 sliced red chilly and add to the sambar.... aroma restored !!!!